SAP Calculations for new build houses
We provide SAP Calculations for new build houses that comply with the latest Building Regulation requirements.
We offer various scenarios regarding SAP Calculations for new build houses, allowing you to achieve building regulation compliance whilst comparing the carbon footprint and financial implications of each solution.
New house building is becoming more and more complex, we are here to help you from design to completion.
Simply send us your drawings and let us do the rest
Commonly asked questions for new house SAP calculations
What does SAP mean?
SAP means Standard Assessment Procedure, and in simple terms is a method used for calculating the energy performance of a new dwelling.
To download the SAP 2012 document, please visit the BRE site. (British Research Establishment)
Under the latest Part L changes, SAP calculations have been separated into two parts:-
- DER/TER Calculations – Design or target CO2 emission rate.
- DFEE/TFEE Calculations – Design or target fabric energy efficiency rate.
The DER/TER Calculations focus on the following:-
- Primary heating system
- Secondary heating system ( wood-burning stoves, gas fires etc.)
- Renewable energy such as solar panels, photovoltaics.
- Ventilation such as extractor fans, heat recovery systems.
- Internal lighting.
The DFEE/TFEE Calculations focus on the following:-
- “U” values for walls, floors, roofs, doors, windows and roof-lights.
- Air leakage pressure testing – air tightness of the dwelling.
- Thermal bridges – justification of junctions. This now plays a huge part of SAP calculations for new dwellings.
Why do I need SAP Calculations?
You need SAP calculations as part of your building regulations submission to demonstrate the house as designed complies with the requirement’s of Approved Document L1A and the SAP 2012 Document.
It is very important theses calculations are submitted to Building Control before work commences on site.
If the calculations are submitted during or once the build has been completed, more often than not the calculations will fail, resulting in expensive remedial work to heating systems, the building fabric etc.
What is the SAP calculation process?
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding SAP Calculations for new build houses.